Monthly Archives: June 2013

Integrated Dictionary Lookup

I’ve added dictionary lookup of hyphenation and pronunciation: The hyphenation dictionary stores all the words in upper-case, which is why they’re displayed that way as lyrics. I’ll probably set a color flag to indicate they have been automatically hyphenated (or … Continue reading

Posted in Development | Tagged , | Leave a comment

The UI Is Singing

I’ve patched in the English to Phonemes code, and it does a pretty terrible job translating. Things should sound better once the dictionary lookup is added in, which is the next thing on my “to do” list. Here’s a screenshot. … Continue reading

Posted in Development | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

Starting to Sing Again

I’ve glued the code together so the music notation can be played back. At the moment, it’s only singing “La”, but it’s nice to finally be able to add notes to the staff and have them sung back. The tempo … Continue reading

Posted in Development | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

Added Double Sharps and Flats

I’ve corrected the UI and added support for double sharps and double flats, as well as adding in a couple missing elements to the toolbar (augmentation dot and barline). The size of the icons has also been fixed, so all … Continue reading

Posted in Development | Tagged , | Leave a comment

Accidentals Are Not Cumulative

Pop quiz: what pitch will the circled note be? The key signature says that C is already sharp. I’ve always assumed that putting a sharp in front of the note adds another sharp (effectively a D). But accidentals aren’t cumulative. What … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

User Interface Editor

There’s still some cleanup to do, but most of the UI elements of the music editor are now working: There are still some missing icons (barline, augmentation dot), and functionality that needs to be fixed (rendering focus on music notation). … Continue reading

Posted in Development | Tagged | Leave a comment

File Saving and Loading

It’s been a hard week to get back into coding. Things have been busy, and allergies are dragging me down.  So it’s been a slow process of adding in the code. The UI has been restructured around a shared Song class … Continue reading

Posted in Development | Tagged , , | Leave a comment