Monthly Archives: July 2013

Cleaning Code Up

I’m getting ready to add support for sampled consonant sounds. The plan is to have two samples per phoneme – a prefix and a postfix. The prefix sample is placed in a leading or middle positions, such as/S¬†AH M/ or … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Mostly Working…

Dragging notes to change their duration is now implemented. This also works with rests. Most of synSinger appears to work. The most clunky part of the user interface is scrolling through the measures, from left to right. It works pretty … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Embedding Resources in Java

There are a number of files which the application uses – images, dictionaries, singer configuration – which need to loaded when synSinger launches. I’d initially coded them as plain files, but this breaks when synSinger is compiled into a .jar … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Song Rendering

I’ve added the ability to play the sections as a song, and render it to a .wav file. synSinger defines a song as a collection of sections, any of which can be repeated. The order of the sections is assembled … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Found Phoneme Rendering Bug

I tracked down the bug that caused the rendering routine not to emit the final phoneme. Phonemes are “targets”, and rendering a phoneme requires a phoneme in front, and a phoneme behind. For the final phoneme,¬†synSinger was lacking the final … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Bug Fixing

I put together a routine to rewrite the dictionary to return the phonemes that synSinger uses, so now it no longer crashes when encountering phonemes such as /HH/ instead of /H/. I uncovered a number of bugs in the English … Continue reading

Posted in Development | Tagged , | Leave a comment